Small Details

It may be only small details but things like this always nearly make me discredit the author/entire article.


Palmyra 'near' the Iraqi border?

I know the term 'near' is not defined and can be subjective but I don't think you could classify Palmyra as 'near' the border. It's 250KM and 3 hours driving or 135 KM point to point!




I mean I would say Kobane and Manbij are 'near' the Turkish border at 1KM and 28KM respectively .

Even Aleppo to the Turkish border at 40KM or Hasakah to the Iraqi one at 55KM you could say but that's pushing it

You wouldn't say Belfast is 'near' Dublin at 138KM!

The above is all point to point too so giving the minimum possible distance.

Maybe I'm being a bit too literal with 'near' (especially with it being written by a journalist from a place with the land mass of Australia) but is it too much to expect a bit of geographical research or accuracy from someone when they're trying to promote a forced media line that encourages the further destruction of that country?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Small Details

It may be only small details but things like this always nearly make me discredit the author/entire article. Palmyra 'near' the...